Current Affairs Quiz: 31st August 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 31st August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs, News & Daily GK Update of 30th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. Which state or union territory Police has launched YUVA – a skill development programme under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)?
a) Chandigarh Police
b) Delhi Police
c) Uttarakhand Police
d) Uttar Pradesh Police
2. The UN global nuclear watchdog, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has opened world’s first low Enriched Uranium (LEU) Bank in which country?
3. Which state Govt. has launched Startup Yatra programme to provide financial assistance to the new startups?
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. 2017 BRICS summit will be held in which city of China?
5. Which state Govt. has recently decided to end the process of holding interview for selection of candidates for the government jobs in all the non-gazetted posts of Group B, C, and D categories?
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. A group of 20 students of ________ have been sponsored by Government of India (GoI) to study Hindi at the Central Institute of Hindi in Agra.
b) Saudi Arabia
c) Sri Lanka
7. The Defence Accounts Department (DAD) organized its first Synergy Conference on Defence Pensions in which city of India?
c) New Delhi
8. The Union Cabinet has apprised Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and _______ for cooperation in fields of Zebu Cattle Genomics and Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ARTs).
c) Sri Lankan
9. Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up with which bank to offer term loans ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 50 lakh for tenures up to five years, for solar rooftop installations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh?
a) ICICI Bank
b) Axis Bank
c) Canara Bank
d) HDFC Bank
10. Top stock exchange BSE’s board has approved another five-year term for its chief _____.
a) Mohan Paliwal
b) Ashish Chauhan
c) Aman Sahu
d) Akhil Goel
1:b, 2:c, 3:d, 4:b, 5:d, 6:c, 7:c, 8:a, 9:b, 10:b.