In the General Budget 2018-2019, Government of India has announced the largest healthcare programme aiming to provide Primary and Secondary care to the poor families of India. The “Healthy Bharat” is the dream of the Government and to achieve that, our Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley announced a lot of initiatives that our Government has been working on. In this post we will cover all the aspects of Ayushman Bharat Programme which aims to cover approximately 10 Cr. poor families. This scheme is very important from Government exam point of view. The questions may be asked in Railway, SSC, IBPS, SBI, RBI etc. Let us read the full article now.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme for a new India -2022
The Government has announced two major initiatives in health sector , as part of Ayushman Bharat Programme. The Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Shri Arun Jaitely while presenting the General Budget 2018-19 in Parliament said that this is aimed at making path breaking interventions to address health holistically, in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both Prevention and Health Promotion.
The initiatives are as follows:-
Health and Wellness Centre
- The National Health Policy, 2017 has envisioned Health and Wellness Centres as the foundation of India’s health system.
- 1.5 lakh centres to be opened in order to bring health care system closer to the people of India.
- These centres will provide comprehensive health care, including for non-communicable diseases and maternal and child health services.
- These centres will also provide free essential drugs and diagnostic services.
- Rs.1200 crore has been allocated for this flagship programme.
National Health Protection Scheme
- The second flagship programme under Ayushman Bharat is National Health Protection Scheme.
- It will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families.
- It includes coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for Secondary and Tertiary care hospitalization.
- This will be the world’s largest government funded health care programme.
Questions Based On Ayushman Bharat Programme:
Q1. Name the 2 initiatives taken under Ayushman Bharat for a new India-2022.
Ans. Health and Wellness Centres & National Health Protection Scheme.
Q2. How much fund has been allocated to open the Health and Wellness Centre under Ayushman Bharat for a new India-2022?
Ans. Rs. 1,200 Crore
Q3. Approximately how many health centres will be opened under Ayushman Bharat Programme?
Ans. 1,50,000 (1.5 Lakh) Centres
Q4. What is the motive of Ayushman Bharat Programme?
Ans. Health Prevention and Health Promotion.
Q5. The Government aims to cover how many families under National Health Protection Scheme?
Ans. 10 Crore
Q6. What is the coverage amount decided under the world’s largest government funded health care programme?
Ans. Rs 5 Lakh per family per year.