Current Affairs Quiz 12th August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs & Daily GK Update of 10th-11th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Global Retirement Index (GRI) published by French asset management company Natixis Global?
2. Which state will become the India’s first state to implement coal utilisation between power units?
a) Madhya Pradesh
3. Which state government has launched a new awareness drive “Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra”?
a) West Bengal
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed an interim ban on the use of non-biodegradable plastic bags which are less than _______ in the entire Delhi.
a) 40 microns
b) 50 microns
c) 60 microns
d) 70 microns
5. Which tech giant has rolled out ‘Watch’, a redesigned video platform for creators and publishers?
6. Which parliamentary panel has recently recommended 100% pension to widow of deceased soldier?
a) K P Saxena panel
b) B C Khanduri panel
c) P C Chaku panel
d) K T Prasad panel
7. According to Asian Cities & Regions, Outlook 2016 by Oxford Economics, which city among the following is the fastest growth among all Asian cities?
a) Beijing, China
b) Bengaluru, India
c) Delhi, India
d) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
8. Which space agency is planning to launch a full-fledged niche Earth observation (EO) satellite called the Hyper spectral Imaging Satellite?
b) Chinese Space Agency
c) Russian Space Agency
9. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has launched Android Skill Development programme with which tech giant?
10. Union Government has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which State Government for opening 1000 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) Kendras in the State on August 10, 2017?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
1:d, 2:d, 3:c, 4:b, 5:b, 6:b, 7:c, 8:d, 9:b, 10:c.