Current Affairs 24th July 2018: Quiz
Current Affairs Quiz 24th July 2018: This Current Affairs Quiz is based on previous day’s news that will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the upcoming Bank, SSC, Railway & other Govt. exams. You can also go through the Current Affairs, News & Daily GK Update of 23rd July 2018 before attempting the quiz.
1. According to the Public Affairs Index 2018, which state has topped the list of best-governed state in the country?
a) Tamil Nadu
2. Sports Authority of India (SAI) under Union Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs has cleared ______ athletes for the scholarship under the Khelo India Talent Development Scheme.
3. Which IIT institute has developed an online tool “TreadWill” to help people deal with mental health issues?
a) IIT Delhi
b) IIT Bombay
c) IIT Kharagpur
d) IIT Kanpur
4. Which State Police has launched drive to bust an international syndicate that peddles ‘endangered’ pangolin, one of the world’s most illegally traded mammals?
c) West Bengal
5. Which country has announced plans to explore concepts to save UNESCO World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef?
6. The Government of India (GoI) has launched the Student Police Cadet Programme to build bridge between Police and the larger community. The programme will cover which of the following topics?
a) Fight against Corruption
b) Values and ethics
c) Disaster Management
d) All of the above
7. Name the sprinter who broke his own national record in 400m race?
a) Arokia Rajiv
b) Muhammed Anas Yahiya
c) Jinson Johnson
d) Ayyasamy Dharun
8. Name the Indian footballer who won 2017 AIFF player of the year award?
a) Bhaichung Bhutia
b) Anirudh Thapa
c) Sunil Chhetri
d) Jeje Lalpekhlua
9. Name the Pakistani cricketer who became the quickest player in history to reach 1,000 runs in the 1-Day Internationals?
a) Babar Azam
b) Fakhar Zaman
d) Asif Ali
10. Which Indian sportsperson has clinched historic men’s singles gold at Asia Badminton Junior Championship 2018?
a) Chirag Sen
b) Lakshya Sen
c) Pranav Chopra
d) Sameer Verma
11. Afghan player Samira Asghari has been nominated for the International Olympic Committee (IOC) membership. She is associated with which sports?