Current Affairs Quiz : 13th August 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 13th August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs & Daily GK Update of 12th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. Which state Govt. has launched “SheMeansBusiness” programme in collaboration with social media giant Facebook to train women entrepreneurs in the state?
2. Which state Govt. has recently launched mobile therapy vans which would provide basic medical assistance to elderly people, widows and other section who requires social security?
3. The Oxford University Press (OUP) has recently launched online dictionaries in which of the following Indian languages?
a) Tamil and Bengali
b) Tamil and Gujarati
c) Bengali and Gujarati
d) Punjabi and Gujarati
4. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC)?
a) Pahlaj Nihalani
b) Prasoon Joshi
c) Anil Sahasrabudhe
d) Krishna S Patil
5. Who has been chosen for the first Kesari Media Award, instituted by the Kesari Memorial Journalist Trust (KMJT)?
a) Adoor Gopalakrishnan
b) R S Babu
c) M G Radhakrishnan
d) T J S George
6. Which among the following has received markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)’s approval to launch country’s first gold options contract?
a) National Stock Exchange
b) Bombay Stock Exchange
c) Multi Commodity Exchange
d) National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange
7. The government of ______ in association with the World Resources Institute (WRI) India – Ross Centre and the Indian School of Business (ISB) launched the ‘Smart Streets Lab’ program.
a) Andhra Pradesh
8. The International Youth Day (IYD) is observed every year on which date?
a) August 11
b) August 12
c) August 13
d) August 14
9. Name the first Indian who qualified for the final round of the javelin throw World Championships?
a) Neeraj Chopra
b) Davinder Singh Kang
c) Rakesh Nath
d) Manoj Asthana
10. Who has been accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of San Marino, with residence in Rome?
a) Shakuntala Mishra
b) Reema Pandit
c) Reenat Sandhu
d) Aanchal Shukla
1:c, 2:a, 3:b, 4:b, 5:d, 6:c, 7:c, 8:b, 9:b, 10:c.