Current Affairs Quiz: 14th September 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 14th September 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs, News & Daily GK Update of 13th Sep 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. India’s first state of art virology laboratory was inaugurated in which city of India?
2. Name the nationwide Hackathon which was launched by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to support and showcase potential ideas/talent from inner India?
3. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has constituted a Group of Ministers to monitor and resolve the IT challenges faced in the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST). The GoM will be headed by?
a) B C Khanduri
b) Sushil Kumar
c) Smriti Irani
d) Ajay Singh
4. Who has been appointed as the first special envoy for the oceans, seeking to galvanize efforts to protect the world’s seas?
a) Jorge Sampaio
b) Antonio Guterres
c) Peter Thomson
d) Antonio Costa
5. Name the Financial center that was placed at the first position in September issue of the Global Financial Centres Index that was released in September 2017 by Z/Yen group?
a) Hong Kong
b) New York
6. Z/Yen group released its twenty-second Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI 22). Which Indian city was placed in the index?
7. As per the notification of Finance Ministry, the Reserve Bank of India will introduce 100 rupees coin to commemorate the birth centenary of ________.
a) Dr. MG Ramachandran
b) Sivaji Ganesan
c) M. S. Viswanathan
d) B. Saroja Devi
8. Which state government has declared 96 tehsils of 21 districts across the state as drought hit?
9. How much per cent of additional Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees was approved by Union Cabinet recently?
10. According to the evaluation commission of International Olympic Committee (IOC), Which of the following city will host the 2028 Olympics?
a) Paris (France)
b) Los Angeles (USA)
c) Tokyo (Japan)
d) London (England)
11. India signed 10 MoUs to expand cooperation in areas like youth affairs, oil and gas, skill development, scientific research and education with which country?
12. Who was sworn-in as the 8th President of Singapore and became the country’s first female President?
a) Grace Fu
b) Josephine Teo
c) Sim Ann
d) Halimah Yacob
1:b, 2:c, 3:b, 4:c, 5:c, 6:a, 7:a, 8:c, 9:a, 10:b, 11:d, 12:d.