Current Affairs Quiz : 15th August 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 15th August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs & Daily GK Update of 13th-14th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. Which firm has topped the Forbes’ list of the world’s 100 most innovative companies?
a) Tesla Motors
b) General Motors
2. India-ASEAN Youth Summit has begun in which city of India to commemorate 25th anniversary of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)–India?
a) New Delhi
3. Who among the following has become the first female actor ever to hoist the Indian National Flag at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM)?
a) Priyanka Chopra
b) Kangna Ranaut
c) Deepika Padukone
d) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
4. Which state Govt. has recently launched ‘Namo Yuva Rojgar Kendra’ an initiative providing job opportunities to unemployed youth in the state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
5. Infusion Nurses Society (INS), a global authority in infusion therapy launched India’s first online course on Infusion Therapy for nurses. Under this, it aims to train over ______ nurses in the vital medical procedure.
6. Which among the following Indian company has become the third most funded private company globally?
7. Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan commissioned which Indian Coast Guard ship in Goa?
a) Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Shaurya’
b) Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Suraj’
c) Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Shoorvir’
d) Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Sanjay’
d) Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Shalin’
8. Union Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, has launched a nationwide campaign ‘Gaj Yatra’ in which state to protect elephants on the occasion of World Elephant Day (12 August)?
a) Tami Nadu
9. Who has been appointed the secretary to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu?
a) Atul Singh
b) I V Subba Rao
c) David Rasquinha
d) Kabir Khan
10. Who has been appointed as Executive Director, World Bank to represent the constituency of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Sri Lanka for three years?
a) Dinesh Goel
b) S. Varma
c) I V Subba Rao
d) David Rasquinha
11. Who among the following African-American author has won the Hugo Award for Best Novel 2017 for her work ‘The Obelisk Gate’?
a) Jamie Rice
b) Amy Winters
c) Nora Jemisin
d) Nicole Winfrey
12. Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) for a period of three years?
a) Divya Mohanti
b) S. Aparna
c) Mukti Sharma
d) David Rasquinha
1:c, 2:b, 3:d, 4:c, 5:b, 6:d, 7:a, 8:b, 9:b, 10:b, 11:c, 12:d.