Current Affairs Quiz: 29th August 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 29th August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs & Daily GK Update of 28th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. Name the trans woman who has crowned the first Miss TransQueen India?
b) Nitasha Biswas
d) Charu Dey
2. Who has been sworn in as the 45th Chief Justice of India(CJI)?
a) Justice J S Khehar
b) Justice jagdeep singh
c) Justice Ajit Kamant
d) Justice Dipak Misra
3. The _____ Commodity Exchange (ICEX) as launched world’s first diamond futures contracts to provide exporters with a hedging tool.
4. The first edition of Rural Games or Grameen Khel Mahotsav will kick-start from which city?
d) New Delhi
5. Who defeated Ace shuttler PV Sindhu (India) to claim the 2017 BWF World Championships at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow, Scotland?
a) Akane Yamaguchi
b) Carolina Marin
c) Nozomi Okuhara
d) Saina Nehwal
6. Who has won the 2017 Belgian Grand Prix of Formula One (F1) at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Stavelot, Belgium?
a) Sebastian Vettel
b) Lewis Hamilton
c) Daniel Ricciardo
d) Nico Rosberg
7. Who has lifted the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-15 football Championship title at Kathmandu, Nepal?
c) Sri Lanka
8. Which RBI committee has recently recommended that banks should link home loan rates to repo rate?
a) Viral Acharya
b) H R Khan
c) Tarun Ramadorai
d) Amitav Ghosh
9. Which telecom services provider has tied up with Symantec Corp to serve the growing cyber security requirements of businesses in India?
10. Which state government has launched a new ‘E-Waste Disposal’ scheme in state schools?
b) Himachal Pradesh
1:b, 2:d, 3:b, 4:d, 5:c, 6:b, 7:a, 8:c, 9:b, 10:c.