Current Affairs Quiz: 3rd September 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 3rd September 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs, News & Daily GK Update of 2nd Sep 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. The world’s highest sandcastle is now standing 16.68 meters tall in which of the following country?
2. Which Indian city was formally accorded the status of India’s first World Heritage City by UNESCO?
a) Fatehpur Sikri
3. Who was appointed as the new Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE?
a) Anita Karwal
b) Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi
c) Anisha Gupta
d) Rajiv Singh
4. Which Swedish defence company has tied up with Adani Group to manufacture the Gripen E fighter jets in India under the Defence Ministry’s $10 billion single-engine fighter jet procurement programme?
a) Volvo Aero
5. Who has been nominated as the next U.S ambassador to India?
a) Tim Wirth
b) Maria Otero
c) Kenneth I. Juster
d) Paula Dobriansky
6. The Kerala tourism department has launched a campaign called ‘Yalla Kerala’ (Yalla means lets go) to attract ______.
a) Indian travellers
b) Arab travellers
c) European travellers
d) American travellers
7. Name the company that was rewarded with the prestigious Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Award at Rashtrapati Bhawan, recently?
a) TATA Power
b) Reliance Foundation
8. Name the head coach of the Indian national men’s hockey team who has been sacked by Hockey India?
a) V. R. Raghunath
b) Roelant Oltmans
c) David John
d) Colin Batch
9. Recently India and ________ jointly submitted a proposal to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) calling for the elimination of farm subsidies by developed countries.
10. Which state Government has recently extended term of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA), 1958 and declared entire state a Disturbed Area for six more months under Section 3 of AFSP Act?
1:c, 2:d, 3:a, 4:c, 5:c, 6:b, 7:b, 8:b, 9:d, 10:c.