Current Affairs Quiz 5th August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs & Daily GK Update of 4th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems (KRAS) plant was inaugurated in which city?
a) New Delhi
2. Which state Govt. has decided to compulsory retire non-performing head masters, teachers, and education department officials above the age of 50 years?
b) Madhya Pradesh
3. Which country has issued a ban prohibiting its citizens traveling to North Korea?
4. Name the country that launched its first environmental research satellite “VENμS”?
c) North Korea
d) North Korea
5. Which company is planning to team up with social media site Facebook and search engine Google to increase its digital presence for better online marketing?
c) Patanjali Ayurved
6. The Maharashtra government has constituted a committee on safety measures for women in IT sector?
a) Nirmala Patil committee
b) Rashmi Shukla committee
c) Sadhana Jadhav committee
d) R M Savant committee
7. Hassan Rouhani has been sworn in as the President of which country for a second term?
b) Saudi Arabia
8. Which committee has been constituted by the SEBI on fair market conduct?
c) K M Krishna committee
b) G S Prasad committee
c) T.K. Viswanathan committee
d) P S Chauhan committee
9. Who among the following Indian Women Cricketer has been appointed to the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in the Punjab state police?
a) Mithali Raj
b) Harmanpreet Kaur
c) Dipti Sharma
d) Poonam Raut
10. India’s first dedicated helicopter-taxi (heli-taxi) service has been launched in which city?
a) New Delhi
11. Who has become the world’s most expensive footballer?
a) Cristiano Ronaldo
c) Lionel Messi
d) Gareth Bale
12. The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has approved the proposed merger between _________and Telenor India.
a) Idea Cellular
b) Vodafone India
c) Reliance Communications
d) Bharti Aritel
1:c, 2:d, 3:a, 4:b, 5:c, 6:b, 7:c, 8:c, 9:b, 10:d, 11:b, 12:d.