Current Affairs Quiz 8th August 2017: This Quiz is based on previous day’s news. You can also go through the Current Affairs & Daily GK Update of 6th-7th August 2017 before attempting the quiz.
1. Who has been appointed as the new vice-chairman of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog?
a) Atul Mehta
b) Rajiv Kumar
c) Vinay Khattar
b) Pramod Naik
2. Which country will host the 15th meeting of the Foreign Ministers of BIMSTEC countries from August 10-11, 2017?
b) Sri Lanka
3. Indian Railways has signed its first EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) contract with which company for electrification of railway lines?
b) Larsen and Turbo (L&T)
c) STEAG ENERGY SERVICES
4. Microsoft has tied up with which Indian state to use its AI-based MINE platform to screen children for eye problems?
5. Researchers at which institute have tested a new antibiotic drug-delivery system that improves the efficacy of drugs, thereby reducing the dosage used for treating bacterial infections?
a) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
b) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
c) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
d) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai
6. Which committee has recently submitted report on institutionalization of arbitration mechanism in India?
a) BN Srikrishna committee
b) Neil Chatterjee committee
c) BP Das committee
d) K L Gupta committee
7. Who among the following athlete has won Gold medal in 100m final at 16th World Athletics Championship 2017 in London?
a) Usain Bolt
b) Justin Gatlin
c) Christian Coleman
d) Adam Langer
8. Who has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
a) Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva
b) Manoj Mittal
c) Ajay Bisaria
d) Prabhat Kumar
9. BJP-led National Democratic Alliance nominee and former Union Minister, M Venkaiah Naidu has been elected as the ____ Vice President of India.
10. CM Yogi Adityanath-led cabinet in Uttar Pradesh has approved a proposal to rename the Mughalsarai railway station near Varanasi after:
a) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
b) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
c) Deen Dayal Upadhyay
d) Bhagat Singh
1:b, 2:c, 3:b, 4:b, 5:c, 6:a, 7:b, 8:d, 9:b, 10:c.