Important Geography Questions for Railway Exam 2018
In this article, we are providing you some important River based Geography Questions for upcoming Railway Group D, Assistant Loco Pilot & Technicians Exam 2018. This Geography Quiz does not only helps you to deal with the General Awareness Section of Railway Exams but also helpful in SSC CGL, CHSL, MTS, NDA-CDS, State Exams & Other Govt. Exams.
1. Which of the following river is the deepest river in the world?
2. Which river has the largest drainage basin?
3. Which one of the following is the longest river of the Peninsular India?
4. Which set of two rivers form the World’s largest delta before their waters flow into the respective seas?
a) Rhine – Seine
b) Nile – Euphrates
c) Ganges – Brahmaputra
d) Danube – Thames
5. The Red Sea & Mediterranean Sea are connected by
a) Suez Canal
b) English Channel
c) Panama Canal
d) Black Sea
6. Which one of the following rivers flows in a rift valley?
7. Indus falls into the sea near_____.
b) Hyderabad (Sindh)
8. From where the river Godavari originates?
a) Madhya Pradesh
9. Which of the following is matched correctly?
a) Dul Hasti Power Station: River Ravi
b) Nagarjuna Sagar: River Krishna
c) Matatila Project: Chambal
d) Tawa Project: River Satlej
10. Which one of the following rivers does not originate in India?