Important Geography Questions Quiz for RRB JE Exam
In this article, we are providing you some important Geography Questions for upcoming SSC Exams. This Geography Quiz does not only helps you to deal with the General Awareness Section of Railway Exams but also helpful in SSC CGL, CHSL, MTS, NDA-CDS, RRB JE, SSC GD Constable, IB Security Assistant,State Exams & Other Govt. Exams.
1. The Southern part of Indian mainland from the south of river Krishna till the Southern tip of Mainland India at Cape Comorin is also known as:-
(a) Konkan Coast
(b) Gujarat Plains
(c) Coromandel coast
(d) Malabar coast
2. Which of the following is the only volcanic peak in Antarctica?
(a) Mt. Cook
(b) Mt. Blanc
(c) Mt. Erebus
(d) Mt. Elbrus
3. In higher areas the composition of laterite soil is of _____ nature.
4. Sandstone is metamorphosed to :
5. In which of the state land with maximum area an unusable?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
6. Three crops that contribute maximum to global food grain production are ________
(a) wheat, rice, barley
(b) rice, maize, sorghum
(c) wheat, maize, sorghum
(d) wheat, rice, maize
7. Petrology is the study of
8. Vernal Equinox occurs on ____.
(a) Feb 15
(b) Feb 21
(c) March 15
(d) March 21
9. Which of the following instrument is used to measure the salinity of soil?
(a) Electrical Conductivity Meter
10. The natural gaps across the mountains which provide routes are called
Coromandel Coast in the Southern part from the south of river Krishna till the Southern tip of Mainland India at Cape Comorin where it merges with the Western Coastal Plains.
Mt. Erebus is the only volcanic peak in Antarctica. Mount Erebus is the southernmost active volcano on Earth. It is the sixth highest ultra mountain on an island. It is high enough at the center for someone five feet five inches tall to stand erect and has two vents at the peak that serve as chimneys.
Laterite soil is poor in lime content that’s why it is found acidic in high hilly areas.
Sandstone can be turned into a metamorphic rock by being either heated up to a point where it undergoes a significant change or subjected to high pressures, or subjected to chemically active fluids, or some combination thereof. A common result of the metamorphosis of sandstone is the creation of quartzite.
Most part of Rajasthan contains sandy soil. Also,rainfall in this area is very low so it has maximum unusable area in terms of cultivation as well as habitation.
Wheat, rice, maize contribute maximum to global food grain production.
Petrology is the study of rocks whereas pedology is the study of soil.
As Earth revolves around the Sun, there are two moments each year when the Sun is exactly above the equator. These moments called equinoxes occur around March 20 or 21. Equinox literally means “equal night,” since the length of day and night is nearly equal in all parts of the world during the equinoxes.
An electrical conductivity meter, or EC meter, is the only common device that can be used to measure the salinity of soil.
A mountain pass is a route through a mountain range or over a ridge.